Saturday, September 19, 2009

Where is Yellowstone?















After 3 weeks of recovering, Haley finally started eating again. She lost so much weight and looked so sick. We had planned our trip to Disneyland before scheduling her surgery. We were worried we might not make our trip, or we might take her sick. Luckily she bounced back and we were able to go and have a great time. We had told the kids since March that we were going to Yellowstone for our family vacation. They were kind of excited about that. We had found a great deal to Disneyland so we decided to go there instead. The morning we left we had the car packed as if we were driving. All Stockton and Abby wanted to do is play Gamecube. We drove to Bountiful and picked up Grandma Welch and told the kids that she was coming with us to Yellowstone. Then we drove to the airport where we yelled "Surprise" we are flying to YELLOWSTONE. They were so excited because now that meant not driving 6 long hours of Stockton and Abby fighting. So we unloaded and said just kidding about Grandma coming. She was only driving us to the airport. As we boarded the plane to YELLOWSTONE the attendant said to the kids "Are you guys going to Disneyland?" Abby pipes up and said "no we are going to YELLOWSTONE." The attendant's face was so confused. Mark and I were trying not to lose it. Once we landed in California we took a shuttle to get our rental car, and again another person asked the kids if we were going to Disneyland. Again our sweet naive children said "no we are going to YELLOWSTONE." So off we drove to find YELLOWSTONE! Stockton was beginning to question this whole trip. Where are the mountains.? What is taking so long to find the entrance etc. We drove right up to the gates at Disneyland before they figured it out. Stockton finally saw the sign and yelled DISNEYLAND! Then we said Surprise!! It was so cool to actually pull off a huge surprise like this. Haley was so cute for the whole trip. She loved every ride and was so sad when we left. I love going to this magical place. I love watching my girls meet the princesses. I love to watch my hubby turn into a little kid. He is the energizer bunny. We go for 5 days from opening to close. Long after the kids and I are ready to go to the hotel, Mark is planning the next 5 rides to go on. It is my absolute favorite place to go with my kids. Thank you to my sweet hubby for planning this wonderful trip and making it so fun for all of us. I love you so much.

2 comments:

  1. disneyland vs. yellowstone? There is no discussion. I"d choose disneyland, hands down. I'm glad you all had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.my.heck. I can't believe how darling that new picture is of your kids!!! I hope you plan on getting a nice big one made of that one! I would! What a beautiful family you have.

    ReplyDelete