Saturday, October 3, 2009

Conference Weekend

I love Conference weekends. I love the lazy mornings, big breakfast , and lots of blankets to snuggle up in. I love listening to the wonderful talks. Today my favorite was Elder Bednar. I loved the part when we talked about his kids breathing in each others space. I laughed so hard. That sort of hit home a little. We paused this part and had our kids watch it over and over. It was funny because last night we were stuck in the car together for over an hour and all we heard was fighting. Get your stincky feet away from me. Stockton has the phone, and he want share it with me. She's pinching me.. etc.... Over all it was a perfect day for Conference.

Mark took Stockton to Priesthood session and then to dinner. That left a fun girls night for me, Abby and Haley. We went to Noodles and Co. then off to Rod Works, and then to shopko. Haley loaded $45.00 worth of umbrellas in my cart. I didn't catch it until we were walking out to the car. The reason I didn't know is because she was throwing a major tantrum at the checkout stand. So had to go wait into the other line for a refund. Thanks Haley! what a turkey!

3 comments:

  1. I've done that more times than I can count, Jill! Only I end up leaving the store...and then I check my receipt at home only to realize I've paid for silly little things like Dora bubble bath, Fruit by the Foot snacks, Hello Kitty panties, and such. :)
    Kids....they make us crazy old ladies, don't they?!? Good thing they're worth the bags under the eyes, stretch marks, and vericose veins, huh?!
    What a cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that story. This still happens to me but Colton is 17. (It is usually treats and sports equiptment. I love that Stockton is old enough to go to priesthood. Thanks for your commment on my blog. Things are getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny about the umbrellas. I loved Elder Bednar's talk as well. I laughed too. It is so true, yet comforting. =0)

    ReplyDelete