Monday, May 10, 2010

I have a purpose..

Last night I started thinking about the primary song "My life is a gift". Four years ago I was the pianist in primary in our Layton ward. At the time we were trying to have a baby. I had just gone through a six month period of AI and tried invitro. The doctors at the fertility clinic told us that invitro would be our only hope of having a baby. I remember like it was yesterday when the Dr. called and said the embryos didn't implant. I felt so hopeless, and just didn't want to go on any longer. That Sunday as I played that song in primary my heart was so full of hope. "My life is a Gift, my life has a plan, my life has a purpose in Heaven it began. My choice was to come to this lovely place on earth." I knew then that my Life was a gift from Heavenly Father, and it was his plan for me to come to earth and accept and overcome the trials given to me. He knew I could and would overcome these. My purpose is to be a wife and a mother. I knew I would have such a great purpose in helping to care for other people's children. I have served in the Primary for 10 years now. I love my nephews and nieces, friends kids etc. I chose to come to earth. I knew I had to pray and to work to feel like I was worth something. That Sunday night Mark gave me a blessing and he said." If you have FAITH, miracles will happens. I was so confused why he said what he did. I just wanted a blessing of comfort. A month later I found out I was pregnant with Haley. A six year space with trials one after another, but I had faith. I realized that Heavenly Father's plan was different than mine was. He knew I needed six years between my girls because he knew Haley was a very, very strong spirit and would challenge me everyday. I am grateful now that I can look back at things and realize that the plan was always in place for me, and Heavenly Father knew I would be okay.

The last several months I have had to deal with some more trials in my life and I can still relate this song to so many of them. I am so grateful for my family, and for their examples to me. I have great friends who love and support me through good and bad times. Most importantly, I have the best husband who is my best friend. He is always there for me, and loves me. We have been together for a very long time and without him I wouldn't be the person I am today. I love him with all my heart.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your testimony! I will definitely think differently every time I hear that song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful testimony, Jill. Thank you for sharing it with us, and with me personally. You are a wonderful friend in so many ways and I am so grateful every day to be living near you and your family. You are all wonderful examples to me of love, faith, and service. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this.....when I hear this song now, I will think of you. Thanks for being YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a neat testimony. =0) Our lives are full of little miracles are they not? =0) You are such a good person, and I am grateful to know you and be your friend. I hope all is well with you. I haven't talked with you for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jill -- I just remembered you had a blog so I decided to check it out! Your testimony was just what I needed today! I have been so blessed to work with you in primary and I am so grateful for your friendship! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete