Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pre-School

I got a phone call from Haley's pre-school teacher telling me of this conversation yesterday.

Miss Mary:  We are going to have our graduation on the last day of school.  We want you to invite your parents and grandparents..

H: Well, that won't work cause my grandpa is dead.

Miss Mary: Well Haley do you have other grandma's and grandpa's?

 H:  I have 1 grandma and 1 Maw-Maw and a Paw-Paw.  :

Miss Mary :  What's a Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw?

H:  Miss Mary you are silly. They are my mom's grandparents!! 

Miss Mary was confused and wanted to make sure Haley was ok that her Grandpa couldn't come.  She said Haley was all teared up talking about him.  I love that she talks about and thinks she knows her Grandpa. She never met him.  I like to believe they were pals in heaven.  She continues to keep us busy!

3 comments:

  1. So cute......she makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet girl. And they totally were! Her personality is definitely one that Grandpa would/does love....full of spice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is adorable! I feel like they do interact in heaven...maybe not..but as much as Sarah Kate looks like my grandma, I am pretty sure she gave her a big kiss before she came here!

    ReplyDelete