Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Melt Down

Friday after school we had a Primary activity at the church. This was a huge undertaking for us. The activity itself was great, but the kids were truly out of control and some very disrespectful of the adults there. Any suggestions on how to get through to todays kids? I was so exhausted after this adventure! Saturday we had Wanee's (Mark's mom) birthday celebration with her twin sister and their families. It was fun to hear stories about their life and kids. However Mark is the one of the youngest, and he doesn't know many of them so needless to say we hung out with all the teenagers! The kids had fun playing their cousins and running outside! So on to the melt down. You would think that melt downs usually come from your 2 year old right? Not this time. It was me. Yesterday I had it with everything. I called Mark and asked him to please come home. I got in the car and drove north until I arrived in Idaho. I had to GET AWAY! I needed a major break. I was tired of cleaning up spills from Haley after I mopped the floor. Saying keep your clothes on, then keep on your diaper. Don't PEE whoops all over the carpet again and again. That's why I got rid of the dog. Don't unfold the clothes. Then the other 2 came home. Mom can I play. You're so mean. Why can't I do what I want? You're so mean. ETC. During all of this the phone rang 100 times. So I had a melt down. So much for wearing my bodybugg. I stopped and got a Cheeseburger, fries, and a coke and I kept driving. Wow that felt good to write that down. My plan was to stay in a hotel somewhere, but my hubby decided I needed to turn around come home for a all night talk session. He's great! I wish I could send my 3 to work and keep him home more. I am having a much better day today. No melt downs for me. On to the next day as a MOM!

5 comments:

  1. oh babe, sorry to hear about the melt down, but I completely get it. ...
    Drive south next time, I would totally get a cheeseburger and a coke with you and talk , talk , talk , talk. Here when you need it.
    promise
    ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Jill! I hope you got some sleep last night and that today is a better one for you. I think next time you are having a melt down you should totally take Melinda up on her offer. Having a melt down with a sister is way better! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel! I have had moments like that too- especially when my kids were littler!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry Jill! I hope you're feeling better now. I've had my share of meltdowns. :) and I agree with Shanna.. It's always better with a sister on hand! :)

    ReplyDelete