Thursday, February 12, 2009

Stockton got ran over by a deer!

Ok so this is CRAZY! Mark took Stockton, Abby and Bridger up to the Utah basketball game last night. After the game they were walking to get back to the train when Mark saw a deer coming towards him. He yelled for the kids to watch out. Stockton didn't hear him so he turned the wrong way and this deer hit him from the side on his knee and knocked Stockton into the snow bank. The deer fell and then got up and ran away. Stockton hit his head really hard. Tons of people came to see if he was okay. Mark was screaming, Abby was crying. They were all shocked. Holy Crow. HE GOT RAN OVER BY A DEER!!! That doesn't happen when you're walking down the street, or does it? Stockton blacked out for just a few seconds. He thought it was a dog. Anyway I got the phone call at 10:20 pm. I thought they were joking with me. When they got home we decided it would be best to take him in to get checked out. Abby was in total shock. She won't go downstairs. I kept telling her that there are not deer in the basement. She slept upstairs in the family room. Stockton got a CT scan. Everything seems ok besides some bumps and bruises. I checked them in school late today. I talked to their teachers so they would believe this crazy story. Needless to say all the kids thought this was cool. We are just thankful that the deer didn't hit him in the chest because it would have killed him. I am still so shocked that this happened. We are so lucky he is okay. SO RANDOM

4 comments:

  1. I was waiting for this post. What a great story to tell. Glad everyone is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! That is crazy. I'm so glad he is ok and wasn't injured too bad. That is going to be the best story ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy! I just found my note about your blog and saw this story. I love your blog. It's great to read about your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is totally crazy! Not everyone can say they have had that happen. I have always been creeped out by them because I would come home from dates in high school and they would be in my parents yard eating their plants. I still can't believe it ran right into him. What a crazy thing! I am glad he is okay. Cute blog back groud BTW. =0)

    ReplyDelete