Thursday, January 14, 2010

Caribbean Cruise










Here I am getting behind on blogging again. Early December Mark and I went on a cruise to the Caribbean with Tami and Rob. We rushed around getting everything ready for Christmas before we left. We were lucky enough to have Nikki and Darrin come stay at our house with the kids. The kids love them so we didn't worry about them. We left Utah on the 12th at 3:00am. It was snowing and the roads were horrible. It actually made it that much better to leave! We flew to Puerto Rico and had a night there before boarding the ship. We stayed in the quaint little hotel called the Casablanca. It right in the heart of Old San Juan. Sunday we went to church, and the chapel had opened windows with huge plantation shutters. I was thrilled when I found out it was their children's sacrament meeting program. There were only 9 kids in the Primary. I can't speak spanish, but I knew exactly every word they were saying. I felt the spirit so strongly there. It was such a great experience. We toured EL MORRO which is a fort, and did I mention shopping? Tami and I dragged Rob and Mark all over Old San Juan. We were determined to find cute swim cover-ups!

We went to several islands: St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Kitts, Barbados, Dominca, St. Lucia
In St. Thomas we went parasailing. This was my favorite thing we did. It was so peaceful floating in the air above the ocean. You could St. John's from up there. Beautiful! We also went Snorkeling.

Barbados had the prettiest beach and water I have ever seen. We had a blast playing in the ocean and relaxing on the beach.

Shopping, shopping and more shopping! We loved all the shops in every port.

The ship was so fun too. Loved the warm chocolete melting cake, loved the food period! We danced and watched shows, Tami and I even got up to Kareoke. It was so much fun, and now we are sold on cruises. Ready to go again!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so much fun to get away? I have had lots of friends go on cruises and all they can talk about when they get back is the food. I would love to experience that. I don't think I could ever handle a cruise though because of motion sickness. That's great that you could get away and have a good time! So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a fabulous time together! I love all the pictures; especially the one that shows the beautiful beach and ocean. The climate and weather look absolutely heavenly to me! I'm so glad you had that opportunity to get away and enjoy good times and make memories to last a lifetime. Nikki and Darrin seemed like such nice people and I'm sure your kids were very well taken care of while you were away. You were missed by the entire neighborhood while you were gone! When the Welch's are gone, it's a lot like being home without Mom...you know, like the good moms that everyone loves to be around. The ones that bring warmth, love, "home-i-ness," and cheer wherever they go. :) Something just didn't feel quite right when you were gone! Just wanted you to know you were missed. Oh, and I'm glad you made it home just in time to give Stockton a broken i-pod for Christmas! ;) Just kiddin'. Love ya Jill!

    ReplyDelete