Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ashley

We finally took Haley to the Doctor to see why she wouldn't sleep and found out that her tonsils were huge. We scheduled surgery in June. The morning of her surgery we gathered up her care bear she named MaMa (pronounced MawMaw that's what our kids call my mom) and some other stuffed animals and left to Bountiful. She was in a great mood, she looked at the fish tank and read book after book. When they called her back she started to get nervous. We sat in a little cubby behind a curtain for quite sometime when a cute nurse came in to see us. Haley was so talkative and was pretty calm. She checked her blood pressure and told her what the Doctor was going to do during surgery, Haley just listened to every word of it. Then she told us she would be back soon to take her to surgery. So after some more time went by we saw the curtain pull back and in walked a NBA player look-a-like. Head to toe in tatoos and piercings. He introduced himself in a low voice. Hi I'm Ashley and I will be taking Haley to surgery. Well you should have seen Haley's face. She started screaming all she wanted was this cute GIRLAY (girl) nurse. He reached out to pick her up and she screamed so loud and grabbed me around the neck and held on for dear life. Did I mention he was black? I don't think she has ever seen a black person. I felt my heart breaking for her. He finally took her, and we heared her screaming all the way down to the operating room. I should have said to Ashley no offense, but she wanted the GIRLAY nurse. When she woke up I was rocking her and she looked up at me and said "where's Ashley?" Poor baby

No comments:

Post a Comment