Monday, May 23, 2011

Thankful for my EYES!

A couple of months ago my parents told me that for my birthday this year they wanted to pay for Lasik. I was thrilled at such a generous gift. Off I went to the Dr. to get measured and ready for lasik. While there the nurse told me of some concerns with the shape of my eyes, and probably would not be able to have lasik. We waited for the Dr. to come in and re-measure my eyes. Sure enough he said I have steep corneas and that one day I would more than likely need a corneal transplant. He recommended PRK to me, and said this would correct my vision but also keep me from having to have transplants down the road. We scheduled surgery, and it was the fastest procedure ever. About 45 seconds in each eye. It has been a month since surgery and I am seeing fantastic. The first week was very painful. I couldn't drive for almost 2 1/2 weeks, which was extremely difficult. I survived only because of my cute neighbors running carpools for me. It is so great to wake up in the morning and see the alarm clock. No more glasses and contacts, no dry eyes!!!! Thanks mom and dad for giving such a wonderful gift to me. I love you BOTH!

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing gift. I am sure that was a rough couple of weeks. I am glad that you are doing well and enjoying seeing so clearly!

    ReplyDelete